Health, Safety, and Environmental
CP&P takes our Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities seriously. We are passionate about safety, for employees, customers, and neighbors.
Health and Safety (EPA, TCEQ, OSHA)
CP&P continues to maintain a positive status with the TCEQ and the EPA. We are also 100% OSHA 300 compliant.
- Passed TCEQ audit with no violations
- All permits up to date and in force
- All employees work in two-man crews
- Annual OSHA training for all employees covering: Lock out/Tag out, Confined space entry, HAZWOP, etc.
- Audited by the EPA in 2017 with zero NOVs- https://echo.epa.gov/detailed-facility-report?fid=110005067612#summary110005067612
The Environment (Remediation Project)
In the early 2001, dirt was being moved on the facility. It was sampled and found to contain a very low level of contamination. The decision to self report was made and the State was contacted. The State was interested in piloting a green solution- this became a perfect candidate.
In lieu of ditches and tile, a grove of Eucalyptus trees was planted. These trees consume upwards of 50 gallons of water per tree, per day. By placing them around the area, they regulate the groundwater gradient. Additionally, deep rooted Prairie Grasses were interspersed, which metabolize the organic contaminants.
To date, CP&P and the State of Texas are pleased with the results of this remediation and hope that it can be a model that the State can use in similar circumstances.